Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hang In There . . . I've Got My Eye On You.

The sun was out bright and early this morning so I took a cup of coffee and my camera out on the front porch. At first, it was very peaceful and quiet. Soon, however, my cranky black friend (below) started screeching at me. I drank my coffee and tried to ignore him (her?) but s/he never gave it a rest. Finally, I put my coffee cup down and I jumped up and took this picture. It didn't faze him one bit. In fact, he started posing for me! I think he seems to be saying, "I've got my eye on you!"


As I said in the beginning (of my blog), I started this blog to encourage myself to get back to creating cards. I absolutely love all the beautiful paper, embellishments, stamps, ink and coloring mediums. But, somehow I lost my card-making mojo and the only way that I was expressing my love for those items was by shopping for them!! I set my plan in motion to get back in my creativity zone - by building this blog. My goal: make a card (or two or three) EVERY day. WHEW! Crazy much?!? So I made this card to remind me that when things get hectic - and they will (!). . .

Stamps: Changito Tire Swing (Stampendous), Hang In There (Art Impressions)
Paper: DP: Archaic/passe' (Basicgrey), CS: White, black
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Colored Pencils (Prismacolor), mineral spirits, stump, yarn, Fiskars paper cutter; Scor-pal; Glue Glider Pro.
Size: 4-1/4 x 5 1/2 (A2)

I added a button and sponged some distress ink to the main image of this card. I also stamped some ferns along the edge.

Stamps: Changito Tire Swing (Stampendous), Hang In There (Art Impressions)
Paper: DP: Archaic/passe' (Basicgrey), CS: White, black
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), peeled paint distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Button, twine, dauber, colored pencils (Prismacolor), minteral spirits, stump, Fiskars paper cutter; Scor-pal; Glue Glider Pro.
Size: 4-1/4 x 5 1/2 (A2)

No comments:

Post a Comment