Friday, August 27, 2010

Ya Gotta Love the Pacific NW!

Even though the sun has been shining this past week - I know the rain is going to return any day now (minute now?). This digi stamp from Bugaboo Stamps, "April," is from Ruby's Calendar Girls collection. Doesn't she seem appropriate to our weather here?  I'm pretty sure her favorite colors are pink & orange (and maybe purple too!) so I tried to stay true to her color preferences.

I colored Ruby with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol and a stump. I used a Sakura Gelly Roll clear star pen on the umbrella, rain slicker, boots & puddle to give them a wet look. I tried to show the glitter pen effect in this close-up but the sparkle doesn't seem to show that well in the photo. Operator error?
I stamped the sentiment (Dolphin Song) and cut both images and black background layers with Spellbinders Ovals & Scalloped Ovals (Nestabilities). I adhered a pink cs layer (after I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder) to a black cs layer to a white card base. I cut a rectangle of the DP paper, backed that with a black cs rectangle layer. I added four black brads to each corner of the DP. I layered three flowers (Petaloo) together and added a pink brad to the center. (Basic Grey).
Stamps: Ruby Calendar Girl (April) (Bugaboo Stamps), I Love the Pacific Northwest, (Dolphin Song)
Paper: DP: Delilah Stripe (BoBunny), CS: white, black & pink
Ink: Black dye ink (Memories)
Accessories: colored pencils (Prismacolor), Gamsol, blending stump, edge distressing tool, Spellbinders Oval & Scalloped Oval Nestabilities, brads (Basic Grey), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots ef (Provo Craft),(Fiskars paper cutter; (Fiskars), Scor-pal; (Scor-Pal), Glue Glider Pro, (Glue Glider Pro)
Size: 4-1/4 x 5 1/2 (A2)

Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment