Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ghosts of Halloweens Past Part I

I'm pulling out some Halloween cards from past years as I get ready to make this year's cards. I LOVE HALLOWEEN! Buying Halloween stamps, paper & ephemera; making and sending out Halloween cards; little kids running around so excited in their Halloween costumes - it's absolutely my favorite holiday. I also enjoy revisiting my old cards saved in my Halloween stash box.  Here is my very first Halloween card ever:

I stamped Small Square Background Edge (Hero Arts) six times on a white cs rectangle. I stamped the bats, cat & haunted house from the Halloween Stencil Stamp set (Hero Arts) on Golden Yellow Eloquent LaserKote SP and cut all three into odd shapes and adhered to 3 of the squares. I cut 3 squares from orange corrugated, black wavy corrugated and black velvet SP. Stickers were adhered to the squares. After wrapping an orange piece of wire around a wire spiral tool (no name on this cool tool) I straightened it out half way, added 3 seed beads, curled the ends and adhered it to the black velvet square (along with sticker eyes). The white rectangle was layered to a black rectangle and orange and black metalic threads (Sulky) were wrapped at right angles repeatedly around the layered rectangles. I tied an orange bow and wrapped spiraled black wire around the bow and attached everything to the white card base.

On the second card I used a stamp from The Peddler's Pack Stampworks stamped on vellum, painted with Radiant Pearls with a coating of glitter. The sentiment was computer generated, the dash-dot border was hand-drawn. The vellum was backed with a black layer, and then adhered to a deckle-edge cut rectangle of DP, layered to a black panel layered to an orange cardbase with a dash-dot-equals hand drawn border (black pen). I added a ghost, pumpkin and spider punch and tied a rafia bow to the corner of the main image layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment